PM is the abbreviation for maintenance and repairing (Preventive maintenance). Of course, over time, there have been several reforms in this field, including the use of predictive rather than preventive. EM is the opposite sign, the abbreviation for Emergency Maintenance.
When the devices are in operation, they need maintenance and may be damaged and disrupted. MP tries to minimize failures and stops and more importantly, tries to make them planned and foreseeable. The maintenance and repair is a set of systematic activities, operations, and procedures which are done to maintain and control the condition of equipment, facilities and machinery (physical assets) in favorable conditions or to change them to the optimum conditions and to the extent possible in according to standard and also reduce the erosion of failures, and this requires the establishment of a maintenance system that includes such things as planning corrective, basic, prevention, forecasting and how to supply spare parts, necessary human resources planning, etc.
Maintenance systems are a set of methods, forms and instructions that meet the above objectives, and helps manage the note to better plan and supervise the maintenance and repair of industrial units, and based on this help, the facilities can be used up to their maximum.
Considering that the necessity of improvement and management of systems of human, facilities, machinery, equipment and materials for better operation and prolonging the useful life of equipment and efficiency of the system as well as the desirability of utilizing resources including budget, personnel, etc., requires the existence of an appropriate system of planning, analyzing, controlling and applying the correct management methods; therefore, the development of an effective and dynamic maintenance system is of the most importance and inevitable element in that system.
The purpose of the program is summarized as follows:
- Making the stops and failures of devices Predictable and scheduling and minimizing stacks caused by failures of facilities, devices and…
- Making the stops controllable and preventing of massive failures due to a minor problem and reducing the frequency of equipment failure
- Controlling and managing the spare parts in stock, and ordering and standardization of affairs
- Create a regular lubrication program to prevent drying out and failure of the system
- Managing the activities of technicians and the optimal use of available workers
- Controlling of energy consumption and try to reduce energy consumption and energy costs such as fuel, electricity and others
- Try to modify the activities and protect the environment, provide safety guidelines and individual protection to reduce potential risks and protect people's health.
- Creating the possibility of forecasting the stops and the commitment to manager’s deliver products
- Raising organization productivity by decreasing the stop and costs and increasing the speed and quality of production
- Raise the organization's ability to compete against its competitors by cutting costs and increasing the quality of the product
- Reduction the amount of wastage during production, including wastage of raw materials, spare parts and tools, and etc.
- Creation and improvement of technical information system and technical data bank for optimal operation of machines
- Reduction the cost of repetitive and sequential repairs, resulting in better use of spare parts and manpower
- Improve driving quality and prevent waste of time and avoid forgetting some repairs at the time of stopping.
- Avoid heavy replacement investment at the expense of extending the useful life of machinery
- Timing management and metrology of repair and production activities and thereby increasing productivity
- Maximize the manpower and equipment use capacity and reduce their wasted time and more useful management of existing employees and funds
- Improving methods for recording technical and economic data, more accurate and better reporting to management which leads in better decision and policy making.
- Assessing the work of existing equipment and systems in order to manage upcoming purchases in the organization of controlling the cost of net and production and ...
Keywords: PM Performance - Net - PM Maintenance and repairs - Preventive maintenance - Predatory repairs - Minimal failures and stoppages - Maintain and control equipment status - Better operation - Increase the useful life of equipment